Loose main bearing cap - 2018 7th Gen MK7 VW Jetta Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Loose main bearing cap

Hi all i picked up a 2019 sel back in December,few weeks ago started getting this knocking noise from the motor,decided to take it to the dealer.All in all they said it was a loose main bearing cap that came loose and they were going to replace the whole motor now.March 26th i dropped the car off and as of today the motor still didnt ship to the dealer for some reason which they dtold me they dont know why.Probably going to be put into another car if nothing is done by the end of this week.Car only had 1100 miles on it also,friggin sucks.Going to try and squeeze a GLI autobahn out of them for the inconvenience and everything else.
post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 11:19 PM

I was going to suggest getting a second opinion from another VW dealer but it seems that your current one is handling the issue as well as they can. If you do go through on getting another model, please do keep us posted. I'm sure you're not the only one going through this problem... VW's aren't the most dependable.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 04-21-2019, 11:47 PM Thread Starter

I'm trying to squeeze a GLI out of them,someone from another forum I spoke too had a transmission problem and they got the next model up and it was 5k more then the MSRP they paid for there's,problem is I paid cash out of pocket for mine so I don't know how it will work.Vw coporate supposed to get in contact with me this week about it since this engine never got to the shop yet .I'm surprised it would take them this long to get an engine.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page