HELP! Engine Oil Level Low - 2018 7th Gen MK7 VW Jetta Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-19-2018, 09:00 PM Thread Starter

HELP! Engine Oil Level Low

What's up guys i'm new to the forum. it's been 3 months since I have my new jetta. I have around 8000km and today the engine oil level warning came on. Went to the dealer and the guy told me it's absolutely normal because the engine is new it might take more oil. I have had many brand new cars and have never heard of that. Anyways, he told to go buy some oil and add some to my car....Can anyone tell me if it's normal ? it's my first brand new VW.
post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 10:38 AM

Welcome the forum! Some oil consumption is completely normal and not something you really need to worry about. Unless you find that you're frequently having to add more I wouldn't say its cause for concern. Any idea how much you have to add?
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-20-2018, 04:57 PM

I suggest you document what's going on and make sure the dealer does as well because it it turns out to be a real issue, then your chance to build a case and get it resolved in adequate time will be greater.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-21-2018, 10:51 AM

First off welcome to the forum and brand. There is no way that a new car should be consuming enough oil that would result in the light coming on. You really shouldn't be seeing more than a loss of a quart or so between oil changes.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-10-2019, 03:20 PM

When a 10k miles interval is recommended, and when an engine is new, you will have oil volatility and oil consumption. Its normal.

Now, everyone should read their owners manual. It has a section on how to use/read the dipstick, and how often to do it.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page