New VW Jetta Quietly Teased - 2018 7th Gen MK7 VW Jetta Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 01:25 PM Thread Starter

New VW Jetta Quietly Teased

Through its official Canadian site, Volkswagen has started the teaser campaign for the all-new next generation Jetta for the North American market.
Follow the link to see its animated picture.
post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-28-2017, 02:02 PM

Compared to the leaked front end spy shot we seen earlier this year, it sure looks like that was the real deal. After all it does follow what else we've seen in 2018+ VW design.

Even the new VW Atlas shares some similar design cues:

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 08:57 AM

Can't really tell with the headlight's white glare, but the general shape looks like what you'd find on the Atlas and the overall shape looks like a conventional compact car. Other than that I can't really make out much.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moredoor View Post
Can't really tell with the headlight's white glare, but the general shape looks like what you'd find on the Atlas and the overall shape looks like a conventional compact car. Other than that I can't really make out much.
If you zoom into the original picture posted in this thread then you will see how it tapers up towards the grille much like what's seen in the image I posted. So, we either got to see a pre-production model close to the real deal or the REAL deal.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-29-2017, 03:50 PM Thread Starter

I'm sure that we gonna see your REAL deal Jetta version

It shares a lot of design and style cues with Atlas (hood for example), which I really like. Even the body lines match what we saw on those leaked pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VW-Jetta-cover-LONG.jpg (59.9 KB, 1 views)
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-06-2017, 02:43 PM

Can't wait to see CarGuide's Jetta preview. This week, they're headed to the Arizona Proving Grounds in Maricopa, Arizona for a preview of the seventh-generation 2019 Volkswagen Jetta. Unlike typical first drives, this one will be slightly different, as the car will be completely camouflaged, but still, I really want to hear what's their opinion about it.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 09:49 AM

Perhaps a test drive of the new Jetta will be provided even under full camouflage. Something will most likely be under news embargo for a while, but general feel of how the new Jetta handles and its performance should be allowed.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 12-07-2017, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettison View Post
Perhaps a test drive of the new Jetta will be provided even under full camouflage. Something will most likely be under news embargo for a while, but general feel of how the new Jetta handles and its performance should be allowed.
Will see...

I think it will be impossible for VW to keep it in secret (under camo), hope to see some spied photos soon
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-06-2018, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettison View Post
I seen that happen in the past, Toyota i believe did it once. Even if we don't, getting some feedback from engineers or some exec that got seat time would go a long way for me. At the least it would keep me interested and put other options on hold.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 01-08-2018, 10:26 AM

I can't quite recall which other car models, but this seems to be an increasingly common thing for automakers to do, though VW won't need to cover the Jetta because we've already seen the production model fully uncovered. What's still unknown is the interior, maybe there'll be an embargo on that.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page