Jetta debuts in Detroit - 2018 7th Gen MK7 VW Jetta Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Jetta debuts in Detroit

Here's the new Jetta fully uncovered at the Detroit auto show and it looks amazing! The paint choice makes all the lines pop out from the body and the interior looks even better than expected!

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-17-2018, 02:37 PM

Really liking the driver focused interior which will go a long way if they plan on bringing out an R-Line model and live up to all that was rumored about the next GLI model. I think some of this is thanks to VW owning Audi, more of their DNA has trickled down into VW's.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 09:37 AM

I love it when they decide to utilize accented interiors, especially with the lighting as well. It really goes a long way in making you feel like you're in a racing spec car. If this is the standard interior of the base model, I wonder if there will be any changes in the higher level trims.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 09:53 AM Thread Starter

I can't imagine that interior lighting being a standard feature in something like the Jetta, more a mid to top range feature or something that comes with a tech package. That's not a deal breaker since the interior is already a masterpiece with how sporty it looks. That cubby shaped around the digital gauge cluster and infotainment screen is beautiful.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 11:13 AM

Yeah I highly doubt this is the standard interior of the baseline trim. Its more than likely to be one of the higher end models and rightly so. I wonder if there are any pictures online of what the rumored base interior looks like to compare. Anyways I found another picture that shows the same sort of accented lighting..but in a different color. I wonder if you'll have to option to pick a lighting color in a higher trim/tech package.

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-31-2018, 03:18 PM

I know with the Golf you had to upgrade to one of the highest trims just to get Ambient lighting so as expected we will have to pay more.
First time I saw this feature it was in the Mercedes S-Class, having it here sort of gives that experience because I surely don't have $40,000 extra to spend on that topline benz.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 09:52 AM Thread Starter

But the Jetta is designed to be an affordable model from VW and I'd assume the range-topping trim should still be within reach for a lot of people. If only VW released the pricing scale as well, but I may be interested for the digital display and center console design. Don't care much for ambient lighting.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-01-2018, 11:55 AM

I don't think the higher end trim/tech package will take the Jetta into a new price bracket or anything. Its obvious from the price of the base model, that VW plans on offering quite a lot of value for your money. While I certainly don't think everyone has interest in ambient lighting, its a cool way to make your car more unique.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 11:41 AM

I have to say that as much as I applaud Volkswagen for trying to do something fresh with the new Jetta, I cant help but be a little disappointed with the styling on the back end. It's pretty obvious that they were inspired by the styling of the A4 but I don't think it worked in their favor. I really don't like that the trunk/taillights are two different depths and I think it would have been better if they had laid the taillights flat on the rear panels.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-02-2018, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post

I have to say that as much as I applaud Volkswagen for trying to do something fresh with the new Jetta, I cant help but be a little disappointed with the styling on the back end. It's pretty obvious that they were inspired by the styling of the A4 but I don't think it worked in their favor. I really don't like that the trunk/taillights are two different depths and I think it would have been better if they had laid the taillights flat on the rear panels.
You can only ask for so much and compared to the last Jetta this is a big step forward.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page