Some custom Jetta's from SEMA - 2018 7th Gen MK7 VW Jetta Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-04-2018, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Some custom Jetta's from SEMA

VW will have 3 different modified Jetta's present at this years SEMA. We've got one from Air Designs USA, one from H&R Special Springs and a sole manual model from Jamie Orr. You can check out whats been done on these concepts on Autoblog. https://www.autoblog.com/2018/10/29/...-customs-sema/
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 12:00 PM

I prefer what's been done with the last model as it not only comes with a manual gearbox, but its also got some really nice looking Recaro seats. This also might be one of the first looks at a body kit for the new Jetta, which does make it look a fair bit more aggressive.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-06-2018, 02:25 PM

I would have like to see the same effort put into the Arteon because during this stage of VW's development, its more reflective of what they'll be offering going forward.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-08-2018, 11:56 AM

The Jetta was just refreshed, so I think its going to be awhile before we see any more changes to it. I do think it is quite a bit less sporty than what you'd get in the new Accord or Camry however.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2018, 07:51 PM

that might have to do with brand restructuring plans that have been taking effect, already in the UK it was chopped.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-18-2018, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDubbz View Post
The Jetta was just refreshed, so I think its going to be awhile before we see any more changes to it. I do think it is quite a bit less sporty than what you'd get in the new Accord or Camry however.
I have to admit that I did not expect to see a TRD variant of the Camry or Avalon, but I'm not sure if the performance tweaks will match their sporty styling. Odds are they wont be getting any additional power.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-25-2018, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bora View Post
I have to admit that I did not expect to see a TRD variant of the Camry or Avalon, but I'm not sure if the performance tweaks will match their sporty styling. Odds are they wont be getting any additional power.
As part of Toyota's broader objective to grow a high performance division they need something mainstream like what FCA and some other car makers have done. It only makes sense to follow in those footsteps. I think Toyota is on the right path.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2019, 04:01 PM

I'd give my vote for the Air Designs USA Jetta based purely on the design. The red/yellow/orange stripe pops on the white paint and the black/brown interior looks top notch.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page