VW's new Betta Getta Jetta Ad Campaign - 2018 7th Gen MK7 VW Jetta Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-18-2018, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

VW's new Betta Getta Jetta Ad Campaign

It looks like VW is really orienting the new Jetta towards younger drivers with their latest advertisements. Seeing as how the new Jetta is at its most affordable price ever, this isn't too surprising and they new ads highly focus on the Jetta's new tech and features. Check em out.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-22-2018, 10:29 AM

I actually don't mind the slogan and it makes sense for VW to target a younger demographic. Considering how much tech you're getting even in the base trim, there are probably plenty of people considering the 2019 Jetta as their first new car.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-23-2018, 10:22 AM Thread Starter

It's definitely a great time to buy into the brand for anyone who's been holding off on it. Pretty hard to ignore a car that's selling for less than a Civic or Corolla in its base trim. The new digital gauge cluster does look pretty sleek in the '19 model.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 10:21 AM

Can you actually change the colors of all the digital gauges? I knew you could make tweaks to the ambient lighting, but I didn't realize you could customize the dash cluster too.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-24-2018, 02:10 PM

Not really. There's a border around the gauges in the normal view, and by default they change color based on your selected driving mode (Eco=Teal, Normal=Blue, Sport=Red). I believe, and I'll try to confirm, if you select the "Custom" driving mode, then you can set the color of the border as you choose.But the gauges themselves are not modifiable.

The documentation on this stuff is not particularly good. In fact I find the entire owners manual to be fairly poor. But then I'm just not accustomed to the old-fashioned way of thumbing though paper books in the hopes of finding the tidbit of info I want. I much prefer searchable PDF files (no, not fond of iThing apps either, but that doesn't matter because there's no searchable owners manual there either).
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2018, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Lol so that commercial features a color that isn't even available on the gauges, unless it also changes according to the music your listening to. Seems like it matched the color of the album artwork. And it is pretty ridiculous in 2019 that automakers aren't offering all manuals online.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-27-2018, 01:11 PM

Honestly, the ads aren't that great and I'd rather be watching something else than a solid colored background with something in the middle. Worse now that I know it's advertising something we can't get.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-28-2018, 10:21 AM

I mean these ads are market tested long before we ever see them, so they must have had some positive reception. They certainly are simplistic in design. Suppose the platform is well established enough just to sell the new features.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page