VW Jetta's Remixed Commercial - 2018 7th Gen MK7 VW Jetta Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

VW Jetta's Remixed Commercial

Haven't seen this yet on TV, but it looks like VW dropped a new "remix" commercial for the 2019 Jetta. Though its safe to say that there isn't much of the classic models left in the new generation. There are actually snippets from the video which show various pieces of the models fused together, which look pretty cool imo.

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 06:21 PM

Not a fan of the ad, long gone are ads that really show what a product is about and more about how they can be cool and trendy. But i'll wait for more promo's, its very common to have different ads for different buyer types.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 10:04 AM

The new Jetta is being heavily geared towards the younger generation of drivers, as its now more affordable than ever. But I agree these kinds of ads wont really interest current owners who may be considering an upgrade. Love those classic styling cues.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

I know that VW has shown an interest in using retro styling in their upcoming I.D Buzz and I hope they consider similar body language in new variants of the Jetta and Golf. I don't think current owners need to be sold on the Jetta, so they likely wont pay much mind to these advertisements.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 10:14 AM

All of the events and promos that we've seen so far for the 2019 Jetta have been around its "fun" factor, which obviously has very little to do with the actual car. Are there actually people who buy a car based upon its sound system? Because that seems to be the main selling point behind these ads.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-16-2018, 10:26 AM Thread Starter

VW has been offering upgraded Beats audio systems in their vehicles for years, so I personally don't really understand why its being advertised as some sort of new feature on the newest Jetta. Personally I think less costly maintenance and repairs would do a lot for interest from younger consumers.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-17-2018, 09:53 AM

I don't really know how they could decrease the costs of maintenance, as German vehicles have more expensive parts, and labor is generally more difficult. Luckily as we move towards electrification, less moving parts means less opportunities for repairs.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-18-2018, 12:29 PM

All they have to do is take a page out of brands well known for reliability, such as Toyota. Making more products that share the same high quality parts goes a long way.

On the flip side, Germans use their parts in a similar way, but we all know what to expect with them
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2018, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

They could just offer incentives such as covering the initial service costs for a set period of time. Last year there were tons of different manufacturers that offered free maintenance on brand new vehicle. Most ranged between 20 and 30k miles.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2018, 09:54 AM

Automakers have had to increase the value of their sedans, as I believe trucks/SUV's are outselling them 2-1. I think inevitably we're going to see popularity return to wagons, especially if we start to see more performance oriented ones.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page