VW issues recall for 3 different models - 2018 7th Gen MK7 VW Jetta Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-06-2018, 11:25 AM Thread Starter

VW issues recall for 3 different models

A handful of new VW cars and SUV's are being recalled. The Atlas, Jetta and Tiguan will be recalled to fix an issue relating to no warning that the key has been left in the ignition. This applies to 2019 Jetta sedans that are not equipped with keyless entry. VW has estimated the issue to affect around 37,992 Jetta's and will begin to notify owners starting on Jan 18th. https://www.thecarconnection.com/new...ft-in-ignition
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2018, 09:59 AM

At least its nothing relating to safety or the powertrain. I can't imagine that many people buy newer cars without keyless entry. I didn't even know that was still an option lol.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-12-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bora View Post
At least its nothing relating to safety or the powertrain. I can't imagine that many people buy newer cars without keyless entry. I didn't even know that was still an option lol.
Tell me about it... I can't even live with a car that doesn't have a decent infotainment system. Not having andriod/apple connectivity is actually a deal breaker these days.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 11:29 AM

I'm surprised that there are so many models already sold without this basic feature. I cant foresee it saving you a whole lot of money. Majority are probably pre configured lot models.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-13-2018, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDubbz View Post
I'm surprised that there are so many models already sold without this basic feature. I cant foresee it saving you a whole lot of money. Majority are probably pre configured lot models.
I've known commercial vehicles to be like (Nissan NV, GMC Savana, Chevrolet Express, etc.) that but not passenger vehicles these days.

When you shop in certain segments however, expectations have to be in line.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-20-2018, 10:42 AM Thread Starter

I think there are still quite a few people who are wary of the security issues that arise with keyless entry, even moreso with push button start. There is still a fairly large audience just looking for a cheap commuter car.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-23-2018, 09:59 PM

The main security issue with them can be resolved by not allowing the transmission from remote to receiver be easy to pick up. Locking manually being one of them.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 12:04 PM

I just had 2 recalls done. An update on my instrument cluster for the key left in ignition ding ( which wasn't an issue but they wanted it for their records ) and another for the rubber weather strip across the engine bay under the windshield because some were not glued properly from the factory allowing water to seep through and get the carpet wet. Make sure y'all ask about that one as I would hate to have any water short electrics out on a brand new car.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page