Enable Adaptive Cruise (retrofit)? - 2018 7th Gen MK7 VW Jetta Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 02-23-2020, 01:24 AM Thread Starter

Enable Adaptive Cruise (retrofit)?

Hey new to the forum here and had a question. I recently noticed that my mk7 R-line still seems to come with all the hardware for adaptive cruise (Anything below SEL only gets standard cruise + frontal crash detection). From what i've been seeing online it only looks to be missing one forward facing sensor mounted in the top of the windshield. I have concluded that this camera/sensor is for the "lane keep" (which my car also lacks.) As we all know all jettas still have the radar in the VW logo and a single sensor in the windshield. I also noticed the car actually does automatically warn you if you are coming too close to a car in front of you in the dash. Therefore, I know for a fact that the car senses whats infront of it. Furthermore, I noticed that the car will actually refuse to accelerate in cruise control if you slowly move up on a car. Say your doing 60 and he's doing 65, and you gradually get closer, the car will show the little warning and stop your from completely rear ending him. I know that other VW models can have have ACC retrofitted and wanted to know if it was possible to add through coding (OBDeleven or VCDS?). Finally, the actually steering wheel controls seem the same too, instead I have a CNL button where the adaptive cruise logo should go.

Thanks!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page