2019 VW Jetta Side Profile Teased - 2018 7th Gen MK7 VW Jetta Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

2019 VW Jetta Side Profile Teased

Ahead of its debut in Detroit in around a month, Volkswagen has released a rendering of what the 2019 Jetta’s side profile will look like. Originally shown by VW North America’s Chief Engineering Officer, Matthias Erb, at a presentation and then shared by Motor1, the design seems sleek and an upgrade from the outgoing Jetta model.

The seventh generation Jetta is expected to share a platform with the Golf, the Audi A3, and a few other models. Though nothing has been confirmed by BW yet, rumor has it a few engine options may be sitting on said platform. One of which could be a 1.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine capable of delivering around 150hp, though it may receive a power boost in the Jetta. There are also rumors of an eight-speed automatic transmission as well.

Much is still in the air, but we do know that the new Jetta will look sleek and streamlined with a grille that takes styling notes from the VW Arteon. As for the rear, it may take some inspiration from the Audi A3 though we won’t know for sure until the Jetta’s big reveal.

Speaking of which, the new Jetta will make its debut at the 2018 Detroit Auto Show, which will open its doors to the press on January 14.
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 12:24 PM

Well, can't say i'm surprised because the overall progression of design for the VW group is very incremental and pulls from other brands it owns and this Jetta is yet again another example. I see a bit of Arteon and B9 Audi A4 in this Jetta... along with all the regular Jetta proportions we love.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-12-2017, 02:28 PM

In my opinion, in this official sketch, Jetta looks way longer than in the real life photos. What do you think?

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-13-2017, 02:34 PM

Yeah, it looks a bit longer to me as well. I think it often happens with car renderings, sometimes they don't follow production model dimensions.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-14-2017, 09:03 AM

Renderings are more to show off the lines we'll see, like the one extending from the front fender all the way to the taillight. Not sure how that'll turn out in real life because it looks a bit odd on the rendering's elongated body.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-19-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moredoor View Post
Renderings are more to show off the lines we'll see, like the one extending from the front fender all the way to the taillight. Not sure how that'll turn out in real life because it looks a bit odd on the rendering's elongated body.
Already I can see how its belt line has some similar DNA to the Arteon and Atlas so if you need something new to refer to, those models will be it. Both models are part of VW's new design language. VW is known to be cookie cutting with design regardless of the model.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page