Anyone familiar with the outgoing Jetta will notice VW didn't bother to come out with an entirely new design but this time around aimed for a redesign that is tasteful, refined and provides more of a premium feel. Being related to Audi, its easy to notice how much more influence there is here from VW's higher end marque. Making up the new design are LED headlights and tail lights, a panoramic sunroof, 10 colors to choose from, sportier and sleeker design and a sculpted hood for added boldness. On the inside we get a driver focused interior that has the right mix of everything; two-tone and mono-tone color options, ventilated seats, heated front seats and more.
Redesigned. Not overdesigned.
Rather than adding needless flash, the Jetta has been redesigned for a tasteful, more premium look and feel. One quick glance is all it takes to appreciate the result.
It’s sportier and sleeker, with a sculpted hood that makes a statement without screaming. The overall effect stands out anywhere.
These attractive available projector LED headlights with LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL) bring a nice touch of style
Sure, they look great, but that’s only part of the story. They’re also efficient and long-lasting.
Nothing like an available power panoramic sunroof that tilts and slides to shine a little natural light on your drive. And this year, it’s even larger.
Just the right amount of everything.
We call it a driver-focused interior. You’ll call it the “I can’t believe I get all this cool stuff interior.” Either way, you’ll wish you had a longer commute.
10-color customizable interior ambient lighting.
Having 10 colors of ambient light is a first for Volkswagen, and this available feature can change the mood inside instantly.
Two-tone V-Tex leatherette Seats
Comfort, say hi to style. These available two-tone seats feel like leather and look great, thanks to Titan Black bolsters and perforated Storm Gray inserts.
Ventilated leather seating surfaces
Besides looking and feeling great, these available seating surfaces are ventilated to help cool you down when the weather gets warm.
Heated front seats
Not only can you stay warm on chilly evenings, but now so can your front passenger with available heated front seats.
- VW USA
Delving more into the cabin, we get state of the art technology similar to what you might find in Audi products currently being sold. Here we get an optional 10-inch cockpit display screen and next to it an 8-inch touchscreen navigation system. VW's App-Connect syncs APPs from your phone to the cars display for easy on the go connectivity. While on the go, an all-new BeatsAudio system creates a rich and premium sound experience, the first VW to get this system. Giving us a taste of future self-driving technology are a host of Driver Assistance Features; Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Blind Spot Monitor, Light Assist, Lane Assist and Rear Traffic Alert. Overall its a well equipped interior although some of this comes at a premium.
Breakthrough technology. Well within reach.
Innovative technology features help enhance the driving experience without getting in the way. It’s tech with a purpose, not just tech for the sake of tech.
Volkswagen Digital Cockpit
This available 10" screen displays your information digitally in high resolution. You can also customize what’s displayed by choosing from six different information profiles.
8" touchscreen navigation
Besides looking great, the available sleek glass display helps make the map more prominent, while dynamic route guidance assists you with turn-by-turn information.
The all-new Jetta is the first Volkswagen in the U.S. ever to offer BeatsAudioTM. So prepare your playlist for sound you can feel.
Take your apps for a ride
To start App-Connect simply plug in your compatible smartphone and watch as your select apps appear on the touchscreen display of your Volkswagen.
You can customize the available Volkswagen Digital Cockpit display to better suit your driving needs.
Driver Assistance Features
- Driver Personalization - The Jetta can store up to four driver profiles, remembering your personalization preferences for a wide variety of different settings and systems.
- Full Screen Navigation View - You shouldn’t get lost trying not to get lost. The available full screen navigation view increases the size of the map so it fills the entire display, making it even easier to see.
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) - Available Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) helps the vehicle maintain a preset speed and distance from the car in front of you. When activated, if the car in front of you speeds up or slows down, the sensors can detect the change and your car follows suit. With the available Stop and Go feature, the system can apply the brakes until your vehicle comes to a stop and, in certain situations, can start you moving again if the vehicle in front of you starts moving. The driver can return to the previously set speed by either pressing the resume button on the steering wheel or depress the gas pedal momentarily.
- Blind Spot Monitor - The sensors on the available Blind Spot Monitor are able to help sense what you might miss. When you’re changing lanes, the Active Blind Spot Monitor (available when vehicle is equipped with Lane Assist) on select models can detect when another vehicle is in your blind spot. Within the limits of Lane Assist, it can then counter-steer to help keep you in your lane and in addition to the visual warning in the side mirrors, the steering wheel can vibrate.
- Light Assist - Available High Beam Control (Light Assist) helps provide better visibility on dark roads by turning on your high beams at certain speeds. A camera mounted at the base of the rearview mirror turns your high beams on when conditions warrant it on dark or poorly lit roads. It then turns them off again if another car approaches or drives in front of you.
- Lane Assist - When moving, the available Lane Departure Warning (Lane Assist) can sense if you start to drift into another lane without using the turn signal. Within the limits of the system, Lane Assist can help steer to help keep you in the current lane.
- Rear Traffic Alert - The available Rear Traffic Alert comes in handy when you’re backing up. It has sensors that can alert you to vehicles crossing in your path when in reverse, and can even help brake the vehicle if needed.
- VW USA
The Jetta wouldn't be what it is without some decent performance and VW raised the bar even higher this time around, similar in proportion to how the rest of this new generation was improved on. Standard is a 1.4TSI 6-Speed Manual that puts down power and torque well enough to stand out from rivals in a similar price bracket. Unlike other car makers, VW doesn't make you pay a premium to go turbocharged. Upgrading to the R-Line package introduced improved braking and steering control, great for drivers into spirited driving. Further enhancing how you play with power is the optional Drive Mode Selector that lets you choose from; Eco, Normal, Sport and Custom Driving modes.
Add a few followers.
Our performance standards are simple. Performance comes standard. There’s plenty of torque, smooth confident handling, and lots of old-fashioned fun.
In the small sedan world, great performance can require an upgrade. Not in the Jetta. Turbocharged exhilaration comes standard.
Cross Differential System XDS
Available only on the R-Line, this feature can apply braking pressure when needed to the inside front wheel during turns. The result: more accurate cornering.
Driving Mode Selection
With this available feature, you can control your drive. Eco, Normal, Sport, and Custom driving modes each offer a different feel and response. Choose your favorite and take over.
17" Alloy Wheels
Don’t let all the substance fool you. The Jetta has a flashy side too. These new available 17" alloy wheels blend perfectly with its lean, sculpted look.
- VW USA
VW has long been proven as a brand for some of the industries safest vehicles and the all-new Jetta doesn't deviate. In addition to the improved braking and steering control offered in the R-Line package are features built right in like improved front and rear crumple zones and a rigid safety cage. On the techy side are active systems such as; Intelligent Crash Response System (ICRS), Automatic Post-Collision Braking System, Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS), Electronic Brake-pressure Distribution (EBD) and Electronic Stability Control (ESC) all give you a great advantage on the road.
Safety is never optional.
Safety is a core value to us. And while we can’t predict everything you might encounter, we can and do spend long hours trying to help you prepare for it.
Front and rear crumple zones help absorb crash energy, while a rigid safety cage helps deflect it away from the driver and passengers.
Intelligent Crash Response System (ICRS)
In the event of a collision that deploys the airbags, the ICRS can turn off the fuel pump, unlock the doors, and activate the hazard lights. It helps react if you might not be able to.
Automatic Post-Collision Braking System
Not every collision brings a car to stop. That’s why our vehicles include the Automatic Post-Collision Braking System. It can also help slow the vehicle down after a collision, helping reduce the chance of any additional impacts.
Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
Monitoring and maintaining proper air pressure in your tires helps with efficiency and safety. The TPMS helps alert you to a loss of tire pressure so you know when to add air.
Seven stability-enhancing systems
From Electronic Brake-pressure Distribution (EBD), which helps maintain appropriate stopping power during a hard-braking situation, to Electronic Stability Control (ESC), which can adjust engine throttle and apply corrective forces to the wheels that need them most, your vehicle is equipped with a total of seven stability-enhancing systems.
- VW USA
Interior & Exterior Color Options
A large part of keeping the all-new Jetta vibrant and creating the experience VW was after are its interior and exterior color options. Nearly 10 exterior and interior color options to choose from that all provide a bit of what higher end brands offer. Higher spec Jetta's with the 10-inch driver displays system and the right mixture of interior/exterior color options should come off as very Audi-like. So far we're very impressed and looking forward to seeing how Leatherette holds up over time compared to real leather.
- Silk Blue Metallic
- Deep Black Pearl Metallic
- Platinum Gray Metallic
- White Silver Metallic
- Pure White
- Tornado Red
- Habanero Orange Metallic
- Titan Black Leather
- Titan Black Cloth
- Storm Gray Cloth
- Titan Black V-Tex Leatherette
- Storm Gray V-Tex Leatherette
- Dark Beige V-Tex Leatherette
- Titan Black and Storm Gray V-Tex Leatherette
- Storm Gray Leather
- Titan Black and Dark Beige Leather
- VW USA