Looking for Volswagen - 2018 7th Gen MK7 VW Jetta Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Rondo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 11:02 AM Thread Starter

Looking for Volswagen

Hello, forum!

Currently, I'm in search of a new car for me and my family. I've always respected VW as a brand and their product lineup too. After 10 years of driving different Japanese vehicles, I've decided to finally take a look at something else, so Jetta was the first car that came to mind.

Looking forward to learning more about this car from you guys!

Cheers.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 03:31 PM

Glad to have a new member on the forum.

Jettas have been great options for many years, although sometimes underrated and under appreciated. Noticed this a lot from owners of similar vehicles from other brands.

What are you driving around right now?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

Currently, I'm driving 2013 Toyota Camry. Though I love everything about this car, the retirement time is coming...
JettaLoyalist likes this.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2017, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Currently, I'm driving 2013 Toyota Camry. Though I love everything about this car, the retirement time is coming...
Surprised that you would come to VW because often its rare that someone will leave toyota and especially a model like the Camry unless they're buying a high end luxurious product.

Why not stick with Toyota?
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-13-2017, 02:02 PM Thread Starter

Well, I'm not jumping high in the class bracket yet, (maybe I'll get the higher trim level or something) so in the same segment I consider Jetta as the toughest rival for Camry, but in the European market. Also, my friends always suggesting me to give Jetta a chance.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
Well, I'm not jumping high in the class bracket yet, (maybe I'll get the higher trim level or something) so in the same segment I consider Jetta as the toughest rival for Camry, but in the European market. Also, my friends always suggesting me to give Jetta a chance.
You have it confused, the Jetta is more comparable to the Civic and Passat to the Camry, unless you are looking at very specific things in each model right down to trim and options you can get within those trims, if that's the case i would like to know.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-10-2017, 03:51 PM

Hello Rondo,

Welcome to the forum!

I was driving Honda Civic before I switched to Jetta and I can say for sure, I am very happy about it!

VW is a great car brand. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out and I can tell you everything that I know
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-11-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWGUY View Post
Hello Rondo,

Welcome to the forum!

I was driving Honda Civic before I switched to Jetta and I can say for sure, I am very happy about it!

VW is a great car brand. If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out and I can tell you everything that I know
Glad to see there are more resourceful members on the forum here since that helps to gain some owner-based insight, not easy to get that from articles and reviews from publications.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page