First time veedub owner here - 2018 7th Gen MK7 VW Jetta Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-07-2018, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

First time veedub owner here

Hey guys, I just bought a 2019 tornado red jetta s 8spd yesterday. This is my first Volkswagen ever and pleased to be a part of this community. I look forward to this journey and all the knowledge I can obtain from you enthusiasts.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 09:46 AM

Welcome to the forum and to the brand! With its competitive pricing and impressive fuel economy, I don't think you'll be the last newcomer that we see.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-10-2018, 06:25 PM

Welcome!
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 09:40 AM

Congrats on the new Jetta and welcome to the community. What car were you driving previously?
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys! Previously I drove a 2009 lancer ralliart. I had some evo parts installed on it, but due to my long work commute and just having a daughter, I need something new that gets better fuel economy. Normally I only buy Japanese but I really enjoyed my 2014 mini cooper s so I figured I'd give vw a try. Plus the 6 year/72000 mile warranty sold itself lol.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 09:30 AM

Welcome Rob! I don't think you'll be the last person who's enticed by VW's impressive new warranty package. This was a really smart move by them, in a time of such uncertainty around their products.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

This is very true... I mean doubling th typical bumper to bumper warranty is pretty ballsy, but I see it working out in their favor in the long run. After my first 1000 miles I still love driving it! Can't wait to lower it and change the wheels.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 09:33 AM

I'll bet that with a lower stance and lighter wheels you would see some great returns on fuel economy as well. Have you begun exploring different aftermarket options?
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 11:27 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDubbz View Post
I'll bet that with a lower stance and lighter wheels you would see some great returns on fuel economy as well. Have you begun exploring different aftermarket options?
Based on what I have found, H&R makes lowering springs for our cars and supposedly an intake is in the werks... I haven't looked into lightweight wheels yet but I'm sure they are out there. I did look up our turbo though. I thought it would be a BorgWarner unit but it is in fact an IHI ICSI turbo. Haven't found all the specifics yet, but I'll keep looking. Also the 8spd Aisin trans is rated for a max of 230ish torque from what I have read.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page