2020 GLI to debut at Chicago Auto Show - 2018 7th Gen MK7 VW Jetta Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-30-2018, 11:33 AM Thread Starter

2020 GLI to debut at Chicago Auto Show

There are a bunch of new reports circling around that the next gen Jetta GLI will be making its debut in February at the Chicago Auto Show. Early rumors suggest we will be seeing a new 2.0l turbo 4 cylinder as well as an independent rear suspension. https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...cago-auto-show
post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 12-31-2018, 02:30 PM

I'm all for going manual, haven't been a fan of VW's auto and DCT options.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2019, 09:41 AM

Its looking like a fairly modest refresh, and I doubt that it will differ all that much from the new Jetta. I would like to see more than 210hp on tap for this variant though.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-07-2019, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnson View Post
Its looking like a fairly modest refresh, and I doubt that it will differ all that much from the new Jetta. I would like to see more than 210hp on tap for this variant though.
Prepare to pay then.

It will cost a pretty penny, right around the $30,000 range and as it moves up the range other options are on the table, some more attractive.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-04-2019, 03:15 PM

It will probably be mostly cosmetic changes aside from the independent rear suspension. Larger factory wheels and hopefully more sporty seats and accented stitching in the cabin.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-18-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDubbz View Post
It will probably be mostly cosmetic changes aside from the independent rear suspension. Larger factory wheels and hopefully more sporty seats and accented stitching in the cabin.
If VW like most other automakers are losing faith in sedans and move to mainly crossover in the near future then I can see small changes being the best we get.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page