2019 VW Jetta Debut Confirmed - 2018 7th Gen MK7 VW Jetta Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2017, 09:35 AM Thread Starter

2019 VW Jetta Debut Confirmed

So the confirmed debut of the seventh-generation VW Jetta si set to take place at the 2018 Detroit Auto Show in January. According to the torque report, this was shared by VW North America CEO Hinrich Woebcken at the Red Bull Global Rallycross event in Los Angeles.

Good news for us because that's not too far away and the Jetta is supposed to come with an R-Line version right from the get go with a GLI variant following shortly after.
post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-20-2017, 10:49 AM

The new Jetta is said to be “super modern” and have an “emotional” design with coupe-like styling. I hope they don't take that too far and create a polarizing exterior. There's a few cars these days where people either hate or love the exterior styling, nothing in the middle. Not sure if I'll be in the latter group if VW adds a ton of pinched lines and ridges.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-23-2017, 10:02 AM Thread Starter

I doubt VW will go too far out of their comfort zone. We can probably take a look at the Arteon to see what may be in store for the Jetta. Could see a similar grille design.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-24-2017, 11:07 AM

The Arteon's front facia is actually a nice change for VW, especially the connecting headlights in line with the grille. Lower air intakes are streamlined as well and it could be an option for me if the Jetta doesn't pan out. There's just so much pinched metal lines in all the right places.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-15-2017, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

What I'd like to see are aggressive vents in the front for the R model, something to differentiate the performance trim from the average Jetta. I think the Golf's fog lights are replaced by vents in the R variant.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 11:21 AM

After looking at some more VW concepts, the Golf GTE concept really caught my attention and from the way I see it there's a lot we can get from it. Already you can see some of it on the Arteon which is proof that VW wants to see it live on in some way to some extent in their production line up.

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-16-2017, 02:41 PM

Speaking of VW's concepts, do you remember Sport Coupe GTE and what happened to it? I think that's where VW made their first step into the new production era.

Sport Coupe GTE and Arteon comparison.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Volkswagen-Sport-Coupe-Concept-GTE-front-three-quarter-021.jpg (202.5 KB, 4 views)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Of that's how similar the production model is to the concpet, I can't wait to see the next Golf GTE concept based Golf and Jetta. Most of the time cars are so watered down from concept, people are left disappointed, but VW seems to be sticking with their show pieces.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-20-2017, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettison View Post
Of that's how similar the production model is to the concpet, I can't wait to see the next Golf GTE concept based Golf and Jetta. Most of the time cars are so watered down from concept, people are left disappointed, but VW seems to be sticking with their show pieces.
That's what I like about VW, most of their concepts aren't too out of this world and while a bit futuristic, the Arteon and Atlas we good examples of what the trend is with them.
One exception with the Golf's concept is the fact that we might see a high performing version show up, an R model or something along those lines. But I think they should take it a step further, above what Golf R's are known for.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 01:20 PM

I was really surprised to see Arteon looks (almost) absolutely the same as the concept car, which I saw a few years ago. But at the same time, that Sport Coupe GTE seemed pretty realistic to launch a production model. Can't say the same thing about Golf GTE Concept when looking at some of its details.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg vw-gti-club-sport-01-1.jpg (198.1 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Volkswagen-Golf-GTE-concept-111-626x382.jpg (58.3 KB, 2 views)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page