• 1 Post By Johnson
  • 1 Post By JettaLoyalist
  • 1 Post By bpsmicro
  • 1 Post By VDubbz
  • 1 Post By Bora

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

Passenger Seat Height - Just Too Low!

I finally rode in the passenger side of my Jetta SE last night...man is that seat height low, with no way to adjust. None of the trim lines have the usual seat height adjustment VW is famous for. What are other members thoughts on this issue? In my opinion, this one major option that should not have been cut for weigh or costs for 2019, and the seat should have at least been mounted a inch or two higher. Is there a simple fix for this...like a spacer?
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 09:58 AM

Aside from going with an aftermarket seat, I don't know what could be done to retrofit the factory setup. I agree that this is a big oversight from VW, and I don't really understand the reasoning behind it.
DrueB likes this.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 03:42 PM

Becareful with spacers because they can compromise safety.
An alternative might just be a seat cover that adds that extra bit of height you're looking for.
DrueB likes this.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 09:05 AM

A lot of Subarus have the same thing, which was taken from the "rally heritage", where the co-driver (or nagivator as I like to say) sits slightly below and back from the driver, so that the driver has better visibility to the right.
DrueB likes this.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 09:53 AM

As ridiculous as it sounds your best bet might just be some kind of seat cushion. Obviously not something you'd expect to purchase for a brand new car, but it could give you a couple of extra inches in height.
DrueB likes this.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 04:53 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDubbz View Post
As ridiculous as it sounds your best bet might just be some kind of seat cushion. Obviously not something you'd expect to purchase for a brand new car, but it could give you a couple of extra inches in height.
Well, did find this one, it's 19" wide 17.5" long, and 3 inches tall...before you sit on it...may just be the ticket. Now have to measure the width of my SE's seat!

https://www.amazon.com/Large-Cushion...3ASC4GXAFEFTTF
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 09:59 AM

You may also be able to find a seat cover, if you're looking to hide the new cushion. Would also add a bit of color to cabin, which is a little lacking imo.
DrueB likes this.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-11-2019, 02:14 PM

My wife likes that more than her noticed this problem. Also it’s so low the sun visor doesn’t come low enough